Details for the 2017 Pacific Coast Power Exchange title contest will be coming soon!
Interested in Participating?
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2016 Pacific Coast Power Exchange titleholders
Hawk & Madame Butterfly
Hawk and Madame Butterfly have been exploring variations on their power exchange relationship since 2007. Through trial and error they arrived at their current incarnation wherein they identify as Master and Geisha. Madame Butterfly’s proud Japanese heritage is reflected by her love of Shibari, tea ceremony, service to community and to Hawk. Hawk’s understanding of service, Mastery and kink are influenced by years spent in service to a spiritual order. Together they present workshops adapting bondage to be more inclusive of variations in physical abilities. They look forward to sharing their experience of communication and compassion within power exchange relationships.
About the title
Pacific Coast Power Exchange is a fun, low-stress educational title that gives you the chance to educate others about power exchange relationships, using your own relationship as an example.
The Pacific Coast Power Exchange contest will be held as part of Dark Odyssey: Surrender in San Francisco, and is open to couples or triads who identify in any power exchange dynamic- Owner/pet, Mistress/boy, Dom/sub, Rigger/rope slut, etc- however you identify, you have a home here!
This contest is all about YOU, and the way you and your partner(s) represent a healthy, functional power exchange relationship. There is no requirement that the couple or triad identify in any particular way, and you don’t need to develop any special rules or protocols just for show. The important thing is that you can articulate how YOUR power exchange relationship operates and be friendly and approachable representatives at local, regional, and national events.
Why run for this title? Here are a few reasons:
- Represent and educate others about your specific power exchange dynamic.
- Open doors for presenting opportunities- winners of this contest will receive mentoring by PCPE producers to help them hone their classes and get their foot in the door at local venues and national conferences. The PCPE 2015 titleholders will be guaranteed a presentation slot at Dark Odyssey: Surrender and the SF Citadel in 2015!
- An opportunity to travel to Beyond Leather to represent the Pacific Coast region and your power exchange dynamic to an international audience! We don’t know exactly how much the travel fund will be, but we hope it will cover most (maybe even all) of the expenses for you to travel to Beyond Leather to compete in IPE (hopefully with some left over).
- Learn more about yourselves and your relationship- running for this title together will help you grow and you will discover new things about yourself and your dynamic.
- Meet a bunch of awesome people and have fun!
You don’t have to have any certain look or body type or a fancy wardrobe–just be comfortable, being and wearing what makes you feel confident and authentic.
Winning one of the regional Power Exchange titles means you get to go to Ft. Lauderdale in April to compete for International Power Exchange at Beyond Leather in Florida in late April/early May. Beyond Leather is an awesome event, even if you weren’t competing for anything, and the experience of going to this large, diverse event will be something you won’t soon forget.
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2015 Pacific Coast Power Exchange titleholders (and 2015 International Power Exchange titleholders):
Ranell, Aren, & Ms. WillowKat!
You can read more about Ranell, Aren & Ms. WillowKat on Leatherati!
Our runners up for 2015 Pacific Coast Power Exchange were Wolf & Bandia!
Wolf & Bandia had this to say about participating in the contest:
“We grew so much through the contest, and have been doing a lot of soul searching and internal work because of it. We feel like we have our foot solidly in the door, but still have a chance to breathe and walk through at our own pace. The judges were so supportive, and said some really sweet and encouraging things to us after the contest, and the other competitors have invited us to continue a friendship with them and join them for Mast meetings in their home. We’ve made some great connections, and can’t thank you enough for that! If we haven’t said it too many times already, thank you!!!”
We were thrilled and honored to welcome a diverse, friendly, and highly qualified panel of judges for our 2015 title contest! Read about them here!
We had fantastic contestants for the 2015 title contest! Read about them here!
Header photo by Almus – playvice.com
2014 Pacific Coast Power Exchange
Congrats to Stefanos & Shay, who represented Pacific Coast Power Exchange in 2014 and won the title of 2014 International Power Exchange at Beyond Leather!